£28.50 – £121.60
Research has proven that wound protection is the most effective method against fighting deep-seated wood rot, like dead-arm (Eutypa) or cancer (Botryosphaeria) in grapes, berries and all other fruit trees.
BlocCade™ forms a sealed physical barrier over the wound helping to fight against infections caused by fungi, as well as, aiding in wound healing by creating a closed barrier over the cut area.
Is effective directly after pruning
A spray-able application that is less costly than labor intensive hand brushing method
Exempt from registration within the EU. (Decision 159 (BlocCade) date, October 9, 2014)
Is compatible with the Felco hand pruner-19 with spraying attachment, as well as, applications by knapsack sprayers or conventional orchard sprayers.
Contains no active ingredients
A multi-year study by the PPO BV in The Netherlands showed that spraying the pruning wound with a wound protecting agent reduces wound infections. In 60 to 70% of cases using chemical treatment, repeat applications seemed necessary shortly after the new pruning wounds are made. The spraying agent has proven to be effective in California against Eutypa and Botryosphaeria cancer in table and wine grapes.
• Treat wounds shortly after pruning, cover wound well
• Apply during drying and frost-free weather conditions
• Dosage: One part BlocCade™ to max 9 parts water
• Mix BlocCade™ with lukewarm water and stir it
• Use the mixed material the same day
• Keep the mix agitated
• Add surfactant
• Apply with a brush, knapsack sprayer, the Felco-19 (with spray attachment) and/or a regular spraying machine
• Always use a coarse droplet, preferably with Teejet-8005 nozzle or similar
• Clean the devices properly after use
Coverage approx 12 litres (diluted) per hectare of vines when sprayed with hand-held garden sprayer. Sizes & Prices: 1 litre £28.50 5 litre £121.60