BlocCade™ Vine Pruning Treatment:
Research has proven that wound protection is the most effective method against fighting deep-seated wood rot. Such as, dead-arm (Eutypa) or cancer (Botryosphaeria) in grapes, berries and all other fruit trees.
BlocCade™ Vine Pruning Treatment forms a sealed physical barrier over the wound helping to fight against infections caused by fungi, as well as, aiding in wound healing by creating a closed barrier over the cut area.
- Is effective directly after pruning
- A spray-able application that is less costly than labor intensive hand brushing method
- Exempt from registration within the EU. (Decision 159 (BlocCade) date, October 9, 2014)
- Is compatible with the Felco hand pruner-19 with spraying attachment, as well as, applications by knapsack sprayers or conventional orchard sprayers.
- Contains no active ingredients
A multi-year study by the PPO BV in The Netherlands showed that spraying the pruning wound with a wound protecting agent reduces wound infections. In 60 to 70% of cases using chemical treatment, repeat applications seemed necessary shortly after the new pruning wounds are made. As a result, the spraying agent has proven to be effective in California against Eutypa and Botryosphaeria cancer in table and wine grapes.
- Keep the mix agitated
- Add surfactant
- Apply with a brush, knapsack sprayer, the Felco-19 (with spray attachment) and/or a regular spraying machine
- Always use a coarse droplet, preferably with Teejet-8005 nozzle or similar
- Clean the devices properly after use
Coverage approx 12 litres (diluted) per hectare of vines when sprayed with hand-held garden sprayer.
As part of our bio-sustainable solutions range, you can find BlocCade and other eco-friendly products for your vineyard, right here.